Mirror network /incoming ftp upload failed with 553

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Tue Mar 12 09:22:52 GMT 2024

On Tue, Mar 12, 2024 at 10:30 AM Simon Redman <simon at ergotech.com> wrote:

> Hi Sysadmin,

Hi Simon,

> I am trying to follow the instructions here to upload the latest KDE
> Connect Windows release builds:
> https://community.kde.org/ReleasingSoftware#Uploading_the_Tar
>
> However, when I try to upload the files, it fails.
>
> With curl, it says "curl: (25) Failed FTP upload: 553"
>
> With ftp, it says:
> """
> ftp: ftp://upload.kde.org/incoming/: Name or service not known
> Not connected.
> """
>
> The ftp error suggests my network, but I *can* successfully read the
> README (curl ftp://upload.kde.org/README | less)

I'm not terribly familiar with anyone having used curl before to upload
files to our site on upload.kde.org, so it is possible that it is
performing operations that are not permitted.
Only a limited set of options are allowed on upload.kde.org due to it's
nature.

Have you tried using another client such as Filezilla or Dolphin's KIO
support?

> Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks,
> Simon