Can't send notifications from Windows 10 to Android

Wesley Stedman wesleystedman at gmail.com
Wed Feb 21 02:07:39 GMT 2024

Hello,

I've been using KDE Connect on my phone, desktop, and laptop for several
years now, and I absolutely love it!  So when I recently started a new
remote job, I knew I wanted to put KDE Connect on my work computer to get
notifications from that machine on my phone, so I can walk away from my
desk for a while and know when I'm needed.

Unfortunately, I'm having issues getting the desktop to phone notification
sync to work.  I can't see the plugin to send them on the desktop side, and
I don't see the plugin to receive them for that device on my phone.  I've
done some duckduckgo searches with relevant keywords, and haven't found
anyone else experiencing this same issue.

Specs, versions, and other info are as follows:

Work Computer:
- Windows 10 Home
    - Version 22H2
    - OS Build 19045.4046
- KDE Connect 23.08.1
    - Installed from Windows Store
- Connected to my router over ethernet
- Connected to the company VPN
    - I did have to connect the computer to my phone by manually editing
the config file

Phone:
- Android 13
    - December 5, 2023 Android Security Update
    - OnePlus 8 5G (Sprint/T-Mobile) (IN2017)
    - Kernel Version 4.19.157-perf+
    - OxygenOS 13.1
    - Software Version IN2017_13.1.0.530(EX01)
- KDE Connect
    - Version 1.29.0
    - Installed from F-Droid

And as a point of comparison, I was able to successfully send notifications
from another device running KDE Connect v1.3.5 to my phone.  (I know that
version released 4.5 years ago, it's a long story.)

If you need any more information, or if you need me to run any tests, just
let me know.

Thank you for your time,

Wesley Stedman