Question / Problem

Simon Redman simon at ergotech.com
Sat Nov 11 18:49:46 GMT 2023

Hi Johannes,

Most likely, the other network(s) you're trying to use block UDP
broadcast packets. Many public (coffee shop) and shared (office/school)
networks are configured this way.

The newest versions of KDE Connect (23.08? Someone correct me if I'm
wrong) support mDNS discovery which we hope will work in more network
environments, but still might be blocked (especially in public networks).

Further, some public wifi networks enforce AP isolation, meaning devices
on the wifi network are prevented from talking to each other.

If it is a discovery issue, you should be able to manually add the
device by IP address in the Android app, and it will skip the discovery
step and directly use the given IP address. If the network has AP
isolation, there is no way to use that network for KDE Connect (you
could use a VPN, bluetooth tethering, etc.)

Thanks,
Simon