T11398: Publish KDE Connect to the Windows Store

Guilherme Marçal Silva noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Apr 13 19:38:08 BST 2021

Guilhermems added a comment.

  Okay, testing of KDE Connect on WIndows:

  KDE Connect: kdeconnect-kde_Release_win64 - Build 556 - https://binary-factory.kde.org/view/Windows 64-bit/job/kdeconnect-kde_Release_win64/

  Keyboard and Mouse control: Works

  Media Playback controls + volume: Works partially. It did work the first time, later I tried again (after unpluging my headphones) and it stopped working completely. I used VLC.

  Ring computer: Works
  Ring phone: Works partially (I had to unlock my phone first. Android app bug?)
  Ping phone: Works
  Receive Notificatins from Phone: Works
  Send Windows notifications to phone: Didn't work, even after enabling the option on the Android app.

  Control Presentations: Not sure if it works fully since I don't have a office suite installed. But on Windows default picture viewer it did "do stuff" when pressing buttons on the app: pressing next and previous buttons made the app leave fullscreen but it didn't do the intended action, pressing on the pointer button on the app showed a black screen with a glowy blue circle inside I could control with motion.

  Browse device from Windows: It popped up a window asking which app I wanted to select to access a sftp. Windows Explorer wasn't an option and since I have no other app to use I couldn't get it to work.

  Send files from phone to Windows: Works
  Send files from Windows to phone: Didn't work. The app on Android shows a notification saying the operation failed.

  SMS messaging: It lists messages but as soon as you click on one the SMS app crashes.

  Phone battery indicator: Works

  Commands: Don't work since they are commands specific to Plasma.

  Pictures and MprisRemote: I don't know how to use it. :|

  Contacts synchronization: I don't know how it works, but the contact folder in Windows had nothing inside.

  Call control: Works and I can also silence it from Windows :D

  Screen saver inhibition: Didn't work, but it's probably not a problem since screensavers are hidden behind the old interface on Windows and most people don't use them for that reason.

  Clipboard from Windows to Android: Works
  Clipboard from Android to Windows: Doesn't work

  The app crashed once when trying to close it, restarting the app made it not find my phone and I had to restart Windows. Can't reproduce again.

TASK DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/T11398