After updating to Debian 11, many problem in KDE

Luca Bertoncello lucabert at lucabert.de
Tue Oct 17 11:41:52 BST 2023

Am 17.10.2023 12:09, schrieb René J.V. Bertin:

Hi René,

> *Something* launches `startkde`. On my legacy KUbuntu system that's
> `upstart`, and this keeps a logfile that contains all the terminal
> output of applications launched through the GUI. I don't know what
> service Debian 11 uses to bootstrap the desktop environment but my bet
> is that it must leave a logfile somewhere.

I suppose, it will be started von SDDM or something other launched by
SDDM...
But, as I said, I didn't found any log file... I don't know which name
it could be have, anyway...

> If not, there is always the possibility to rename the ksmserver binary
> to ksmserver.bin (or something like that) and put a shell script at
> its place that launches this renamed binary and redirects all output
> to file.

That could be an idea...
I'll try this evening...

> But have you checked if ksmserver exists on your system and that
> `ksmserver --help` executes OK?

It will be executed without problem...

I forgot to say, that sometimes I have the problem, sometimes not...

Thanks
Luca Bertoncello
(lucabert at lucabert.de)