Is there a simple way to turn off KDE's MTP code?

Richard Troy rtroy at ScienceTools.com
Sat Dec 16 14:29:28 GMT 2023

Hi All,

I can't seem to mount my phone and get to the top of the phone's directory
tree, just "Camera". I'm accustomed to doing this with either the jmtpfs
and / or fusermount utilities and I get both the entire exportable tree of
the phone itself and a second one for the phone's SD card.  These appear
to be unavailable with KDE's MTP code.

Heck, I don't really need KED's MTP code, and don't really want to delete
it, but I did look into removing it and it's not obvious how one would do
that, either.

I also tried telling the system - the OS, not KDE - to ignore the phone
for MTP purposes but that blocks all access, apparently. And, I also tried
KDE's configuration tools but they appear to be completely broken. It
MIGHT be that KDE's MTP tools don't double-check (do a refresh of some
sort) when one issues "systemctl reload systemd-udevd.service", so maybe
that KDE's configuration options to ignore devices aren't working for that
reason. (A reboot is very time consuming and painful and so I avoid all
reboots whenever possible or I'd have tested this already.)

So, just turning off this code should work for me. Any tips for that?

Thanks,
Richard

--
Richard Troy, Chief Scientist