kate: set buffer read-only

hw hw at adminart.net
Sat May 8 23:53:35 BST 2021

On 5/9/21 12:10 AM, J Leslie Turriff wrote:
> On 2021-05-08 16:33:32 hw wrote:
>> On 5/7/21 9:41 PM, J Leslie Turriff wrote:
>>> 	The only thing I can find for this in Kate is Menu => Tools => Read-Only
>>> Mode.
>>
>> Thank you, that would fix the problem --- if kate only would remember it
>> when restoring the session.  (Desktop-mode does such things just fine in
>> emacs.)
> 	That can be configured with Menu => Sessions => Manage...

Apparently not in version 20.12.2?  There isn't really much to manage there.

I can start kate and it will load a file, automatically restoring the
session.  I can set the buffer of the file to read-only and quit kate.
Next time I start kate, it loads the same file but the buffer is
writable again.  Hence the session is not restored.

I don't see any option in Menu->Sessions->Manage like one to restore the
session fully and not only partly.