Interested in Working On Dragon Player

Kevin Krammer krammer at kde.org
Tue Jan 20 07:48:46 GMT 2015

Hi,

On Monday, 2015-01-19, 20:59:48, Arpit Singh wrote:
> Respected Sir,
>               I am new to Open Source Contribution .I found a
> application Dragon player and found it very interesting.I want to work
> on this application .So I request you to please guide me how to get
> started.
>                   I have already compiled the source code and i have a
> little knowledge of Qt also.
> So i just want to know how to start the work.

Basically you start to work on whatever feature you'd like to have or whatever
bug you'd like to fix.

The KDE bugzilla https://bugs.kde.org/ will usually have examples for both,
i.e. reported feature requests as well as bug reports.

Some of them might even be marked as JJ or Junior Jobs, meaning they have been
estimated to be suitable for developers who are just beginning to work on the
respective application.

In general I would recommend to subscribe to the KDE developer mailinglist
https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel

Additionally, since Dragon Player is one of the multimedia applications, it
might also be a good idea to subscribe to

Cheers,
Kevin
KDE user support, developer mentoring