Kubuntu 15.10 & ecryptfs & change password

Igor Mironchik igor.mironchik at gmail.com
Wed Dec 9 13:48:43 GMT 2015

Hi folks,

I found, probably, strange bug... I had Kubuntu 15.10 with ecryptfs on
my $HOME directory. Once I decided to change password for my user. I
went to the System Settings and there changed password, rebooted... And
I couldn't login to my Kubuntu. I saw login screen, entered new
password, pressed Enter... Screen flashed and went back to login screen.
And this happened until I returned my password to the old one from the
command line...

Is it a known bug?

Thank you.