remote address book, calendar, and tasks in Kontact

Wolfgang Jeltsch fmp0d6sw at acme.softbase.org
Wed Nov 21 16:53:48 GMT 2012

Hi,

I have my adress book, calendar, and tasks on a server. The address book is
stored as a collection of vCard files in a WebDAV folder. The calendar entries
and the tasks are stored together in a single CalDAV folder.

Can I use this setup with Kontact? I’m in particular unsure what the “DAV
Groupware Resource” setting of Kontact means. Does this refer to WebDAV, to
CalDAV, or to some specific DAV extension? Furthermore, is it possible to use a
single folder jointly for calendar items and tasks?

Best wishes,
Wolfgang