Global change to kontact shortcut.

Kevin Krammer krammer at kde.org
Wed Mar 28 09:58:53 BST 2012

On Tuesday, 2012-03-27, John McMonagle wrote:
> Running kde  4.4 debian squeeze.
>
> Setting up for use with ltsp.
> In the mail part of kontact if you press f5 to check for mail  in a folder
> it reports that f5 is ambiguous.
> This can be fixed by Settings -> Configure Shortcuts
> Removing the F5 Shortcut under "Check Mail in this Folder".
>
> I can't seem to figure out what what changed so I can put it in our
> profiles. What do I need to change  so it affects all users?

First you need to find out which file this was saved to, my guess would be
either kmailrc or kontactrc

Look for a section labelled [Shortcuts]

Then you can create such a section in a more global version of the same file if
you already have existing accounts or into /etc/skel if you haven't.

More global meaning inside a directory after the user's home directory in the
output of

kde4-config --path config

You can add paths to this list by setting the KDEDIRS environment variable
(ensure that it is set before the user's session runs startkde).

Cheers,
Kevin

KDE user support, developer mentoring