Kmail2/Akonadi issue on FreeBSD.

Tami King tik at grahamand.us
Tue Nov 29 20:57:46 GMT 2011

On 11/29/11 14:11, J wrote:

> gene heskett
>> On Tuesday, November 29, 2011 02:43:56 PM J did opine:

>> Claws apparently does only mailfile operations, whereas I have 3/4ths of
>> the kmail "cur" subdirs as maildirs.
>>
>> I was thinking that I could maybe do a "cpa cur/* /var/mail/gene" and then
>> have claws read it just as if it was incoming mail.
>>
>> Would that, or a similar idea work?

> To convert a Maildir you either need to convert the mail files into mbox
> format (I don't recommend this, the scripts I tried were almost as bad as
> kMail2) or put in a temporary install of an IMAP server and rename Folder
> to .Folder within the Maildir to get the imap server to see them.

You can convert Maildir to mbox using mutt.  I have been doing that as
needed since moving from Kmail.

mutt -f CMC/ -e 'set mbox_type=mbox; set confirmcreate=no; set

That reads messages in the Maildir directory CMC and saves them to an
mbox file called archive.  You can then move archive to where ever it
needs to be for your new email client.

Tami