KDE gets blocked dead

Martín Marqués martin.marques at gmail.com
Fri Nov 18 19:32:44 GMT 2011

I have a dell Inspiron Notebook with Linux (Fedora 15 with all the
updates), and since I installed it I have this problem:

When I close the top, and the power cord is not plugged, system gets
totally locked. Nothing works and I can't get it to start again. Only
thing I can do is restart it, or wait some minutes until it goes into
hibernation, and then I can open the top and the notebook comes back
to life, asking for the user password.

I tried changing powerdevil parameters, but nothing made this behaviour go away.

Any ideas on how to solve this?

--
Martín Marqués
DBA, Programador, Administrador