Okular does not print

John Layt jlayt at kde.org
Sat Jul 16 19:29:39 BST 2011

On Saturday 09 July 2011 10:24:59 BasaBuru wrote:
> hello:
>
> I don't now why the okular does not print.
>
> When put for print okular not send anything to the printer.

I assume you are printing a PDF file, and that printing from other programs
does work?  Okular cheats with PDF's, calling the lpr command to print, which
sometimes causes issues.  On Debian make sure you have the cups-lpr package
(name may be slightly different) installed for best results.

If you run Okular from the command line then try printing, you should see the
output from the lpr command and any error messages.  Copy-and-paste the
command oud output here and I'll try figure outwhat is wrong.

Cheers!

John.