OT Language (was Re: lost Desktop)

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Sat Jul 16 07:06:04 BST 2011

On Friday 15 Jul 2011 21:46:33 Duncan wrote:
> Jerry posted on Fri, 15 Jul 2011 16:06:39 -0400 as excerpted:
> > You couldn't be referring to a "monkey wrench: could you?
> >
> > 	http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monkey_wrench
>
> That's the "English key" (which I mentioned is the original monkey
> wrench) as illustrated in the first link I posted.  However, it's
> possible that's what Anne was referring to, but if so, I misunderstood
> her "pin" reference (which as I said I couldn't picture based on her
> description, so it's quite possible I /did/ misunderstand, thus the
> request for some image so I could picture it, as well).

An amazing number of solutions to a single problem :-)  Your Crescent Wrench
is the one that I have - a slightly smaller and lighter version of David's.
None of the other pictures look like the other one he uses. Imagine a single
piece of iron, like a flattened umbrella handle.  Underneath the curve is
serrated to be one half of the jaw, and down the straight are a number of
holes.  A second, entirely separate piece of iron fits around the handle, with
the curved upper surface being serrated.  There is a single hole, where a pin
locates it into the adjustable part.  It's a very primitive tool, to my eye.
Maybe I can get a photo of it.

Anne