don't want 4.5.95 panel sorted

Nikos Chantziaras realnc at arcor.de
Sat Jan 22 00:51:55 GMT 2011

On 01/22/2011 02:25 AM, Felix Miata wrote:
> On 2011/01/22 01:55 (GMT+0200) Nikos Chantziaras composed:
>
>> Felix Miata wrote:
>
>>>   but I can never remember what settings gizmo to open to permit me to turn it
>>>   off. Right clicking the panel I see nothing. Right clicking application
>>>   launcher shows nothing apparent. Nothing in systemsettings looks applicable.
>>>   Where is it? This was nothing but simple to get rid of in KDE3. :-(
>
>> Which panel?  The task manager?  Right click on it and select "Task
>> Manager Settings".  There's a "Grouping and Sorting" section.
>
> The panel at the bottom of the screen that KDE3 called Kicker.

Ah, you meant the application launcher.  To configure that, you have to
"unlock widgets" first and only then right click on it.  Extremely weird
design decision.  But don't get your hopes up: the configuration options
are extremely limited for the launcher and don't include sorting options :-P

> Where is the "task manager"?

That's the long bar to the right that shows the currently running
applications.

All of those (app launcher, task manager, systray, clock, etc) are
actually "widgets" and run inside a "panel".  To configure them, you
always need to "unlock widgets" first or else you don't get all options
when you right click on something.  Again, that's just weird.  When you
apply common sense, "Unlock" means "free to move around".  We should
still be able to configure them even when locked.