4.6.2 early report

gene heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Thu Apr 7 14:03:29 BST 2011

On Thursday, April 07, 2011 08:48:42 AM Gopaladeva Dasa did opine:

> > Toss in that the app launcher/pager/date-time & dock bar is totally
> > missing  on workspace 1 now.
>
> I did not have that problem. Everything appears just as it should.

I used PCC to add another user, who did not have that problem with the
default user profile that was installed.  But that users firefox and
konsole screens were still bereft of the usual top bar decorations with the
whole top bar being sensitive to a right click, which brought up the move
to another workspace menu.   And when I went to log out, the requester that
opened was all piled up on itself and I wound up actually doing a reboot,
and on the reboot, and logging back in as me, I am back to my original
complaint except now I only have a cashew on workspace 1.  I can use the
other workspaces, but no decorations other than the taskbar at the bottom.

This seems to be the difference, so how do I go about restoring the cashew
on the other workspaces?

I don't have room on this partition to copy all my stuff over, its only 30
gigs and my email corpus uses 20 some of it.  Next time I install, I'll
give /home 300 gigs and /usr 300 if its lucky. ;-)  Terrabyte drives, 4 of
them, with 2 of the others available for re-use.  One has amanda's virtual
tapes on it.

Thanks for any clues.

--
Cheers, Gene