impact on audio playback on high cpu usage

Andreas Hennig hennig.a at gmx.de
Fri Jul 23 21:34:20 BST 2010

Hi Duncan,

thanks for your long answer.

So here is some more information.

The CPU is a dual core Intel T2050 @ 1.6GHz.

Since i have a laptop my sondcard is a build in Intel HDA.
See lspci:

00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation N10/ICH 7 Family High Definition Audio Controller (rev 02)

With Kubuntu 10.4 my desktop efects also seems to be slower. Maybe the grafics driver has been changed. The grafic card is a Radeon Mobility X1400.

lsmod says that i using the radeon driver.