Bookmarking Unicode characters

Robin Atwood robin at binro.org
Sat Jul 3 10:04:45 BST 2010

On Saturday 03 July 2010, Dotan Cohen wrote:
> In KDE 3 There was a terrific panel app for bookmarking common Unicode
> characters. For instance, I often need this annoying beast:
> http://www.fileformat.info/info/unicode/char/2060/index.htm
>
> Is there any way to run that KDE 3 applet in KDE 4? Any sort of
> replacement?

I use the KDE3 ksensors applet and it works exactly as it did on the old
kicker panel. However, the KDE4 Character Selector plasmoid finally became
useful with KDE 4.4 and you can find the "word-joiner" on the
"Symbols"/"General Punctuation" page, although using DejaVu Sans I can't see
anything!

HTH
-Robin
Robin Atwood.