Logout does not work

Dennis Neumeier dennismail at gmx.net
Thu Apr 1 17:48:18 BST 2010

Hi,

I am running KDE SC 4.4 on my Asus EEE 1101HA here. The problem I have is that
logout is not correctly working. Here is what happens:

I click on logout and my session seems to be correctly saved. Then, the user
is logged off. But now, I do not get back to the logon screen, but to a bash.

I think I know a probable cause: In order to use the full resolution, I
installed the poulsbo driver. It may be related to this driver - but am I not
sure, so I thought I ask here.

So what does exactly happen at logoff? How can I find out the cause? I am not
sure where to start to look, so perhaps anyone here has an idea which logs
should be helpful?

Regards,
Michael