movie previews in konqueror or dolphin

Rick Miles frmrick at aapt.net.au
Wed Nov 4 01:43:54 GMT 2009

On Wednesday 04 November 2009 10:54:09 Marcelo Magno T. Sales wrote:
> Em Terça-feira 03 Novembro 2009, Rick Miles escreveu:

> > > You have to enable previews of video files.
> > >
> > > In the "General" section, "Previews" tab check: "Video Files".
> > > Also note the general file size limit at the bottom of the page.
> > > IIUC, increasing this to the maximum does not take up more memory,
> > > but simply takes more time to process the thumbs (but only once for
> > > each thumb).
> > >
> > > This is working on my system (4.3.3).  I have thumbs for files
> > > which are dated 10/21/09.
> >
> > Thanks James,
> >
> > I didn't kotice I had to select what I wanted previews for. I don't
> >  recall that being necessary before this upgrade. I have previews
> >  now.
>
> Is this new in KDE 4.3.3? I have 4.3.2 installed and there is not a
> checkbox to preview videos. I can preview several types of files, but
> not videos.

I don't know for sure Marcelo.

I have just upgraded from 4.2.2 to 4.3.3. All I had to do in 4.2.2 was select View
> Preiviews and I had previews. albeit there was a setting in Settings > Configure
Konqeror which allowed you to set the upper limit on the size of file to be
previewd which was helpfull if I had .tiff images a couple mb large. Now you have
to select each  file type, e.g. .pdf, .html, video etc. to be previewed
individually. Note you will also have to set your konqueror preview icon size to
at least 48 pixels to get the previews. But there was a minimum size requirement
previously so nothing new there.

--
Cheers,

Rick Miles

Written on Pungenday, the 16th of The Aftermath, 3175
http://turtlespond.net
http://rickmiles.com.au