another new annoying feature

James Richard Tyrer tyrerj at acm.org
Wed May 27 06:31:22 BST 2009

Werner LEMBERG wrote:
>>> BTW: Where can I find a NEWS file which describes the various KDE
>>> changes (in the SVN) in detail?
>> I think you probably want to use the 'svn log' command.  Most VCSs
>> keep track of this information in the commit logs, rather than
>> requiring the developers to maintain a separate file.
>
> Hrmpf.  This is the same as if you told me to use `git log' to check
> for recent kernel changes.  Far too much entries!
>
>>> Does such a centralized file exist?
>> It might, but why?

So that developers know what others are doing.

IAC, there is supposed to be a current change log.  Unfortunatly, this
doesn't seem to happen and the only change log is written after the fact
which means that it is useless for quality management.

http://www.kde.org/announcements/changelogs/changelog4_2_2to4_2_3.php

--
JRT

Linux (mostly) From Scratch