KDE4 konsole: missing sessions, bell

Ryo Furue furue at hawaii.edu
Mon May 18 23:05:45 BST 2009

Hi KDEers,

I've been long away from KDE and so I may well be missing
something, but . . .  Today or yesterday, Debian testing
replaced the old konsole with "konsole 2.2.2 using KDE 4.2.2".
I use LXDE, not KDE.  I still use konsole simply because it's
the best terminal emulator I know.

I now want to solve these two problems.

1. Now I don't find "sessions".  On the old konsole, I had
  a session (tab) that automatically SSHes me to a remote host,
  and another session that opens a root shell.  How can I have
  a similar capability?

2. I miss the bell.  "echo -e '\a' "  does nothing on the
  new konsole.  For the old konsole, I chose a visible bell
  within the konsole configuration (not as a bash setting).
  For the new konsole, I don't see a configuration item
  regarding the bell.  On an emacs window, I can sound
  an audible bell, whose pitch and duration I can control
  with "xset b", which means the X-Window bell is working.
  Where should I look?

Could someone help?

Regards,
Ryo