No "single instance" mode for Kate in KDE 4?

James Richard Tyrer tyrerj at acm.org
Mon May 18 05:36:31 BST 2009

Dotan Cohen wrote:
> In KDE 3 I was able to configure Kate to always open new instances in
> an existing instance, with the new file listed in the Documents
> sidebar. I do not remember the exact options used, but it worked.

Default (KDE-3) if you open a file with Kate, from the file icon, a
small dialog pops up asking which session you want to use and by default
it will have "Default" in the list.  There is a check box to "Always use
this session" (or something like that).  If you check that then when you
open a file from the file icon, it will be added to the default session.

Doesn't KDE-4 work the same way??

The issue with the bug can currently be addressed by a command line option.

--
JRT

Linux (mostly) From Scratch