Upgrade to Qt 4.5

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Mar 11 01:17:22 GMT 2009

Alejandro Exojo wrote:
> El S�bado, 7 de Marzo de 2009, David escribi�:
>> Of course you *will need* to recompile *everything* dependant on QT in
>> order to avoid problems.
>
> Are you sure of this? Qt is binary compatible backwards and forwards, so you
> don't need to recompile. I personally have upgraded Qt to 4.5, and haven't
> touched yet any Qt/KDE application. Everything I tested works.

It is certainly not BC forwards (backwards?), unless you happen to not
be using anything from the new version when you change to an old version
(and even then, I would consider that a bit "lucky"). Stuff built for
old should generally run on new, however. Where by "generally" I mean
"except for version changes that are specifically not BC, usually major
version changes only".

Having said that, I will note that I, personally, always rebuild the
(KDE) world when qt-copy has a major update.

--
Matthew
"Still the prettiest." -- Legolas