[KMail] More folders than just "Local folders"

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Mon Mar 9 17:13:34 GMT 2009

On Monday 09 March 2009, Randy Kramer wrote:
> On Sunday 08 March 2009 01:40 pm, Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
> > Anne Wilson wrote:
> >
> > Your description doesn't make sense:
> > > Inbox
> > >   NoOneAccount
> > >     SentMail
> > >     Drafts
> > >     Trash
> >
> > Drafts and SentMail are inside Inbox?  It should be like this:
> >
> > + NoOneAccount
> >     Inbox
> >     Sent
> >     Drafts
> >     Trash
>
> AFAIC, either should be possible.  I can easily see that some person
> with multiple email accounts will want (separate) SentMail and Drafts
> mailboxes for each account, and others may want them combined.  Maybe
> even the same for Trash, although personally I see that as a less
> likely desire.

Both are possible, since each incoming transport can be set to use any folder
as its target folder and each identify can be configured to have its own
sent, draft, etc. folders.

So one could also group all folders of one account into one sub tree, or all
inboxes into an inbox tree, all draft folders into a draft tree, etc.

Cheers,
Kevin

KDE user support, developer mentoring