kdeprint in kde 4

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Wed Mar 4 18:41:19 GMT 2009

On Wednesday 04 March 2009 17:13:11 James Richard Tyrer wrote:
> Rick Miles wrote:
> > My printers are networked
>
> Sorry but I don't have a network.  Do I understand correctly that your
> networked printers are setup correctly in CUPS but that they don't show
> up in the Qt print dialog widget?  That would be a Qt bug.  Do you have
> Qt-4.4.3 installed?  This is the newest version that will work with
> KDE-4.2.

It's only a bug if others have the same problem.  What checks have been made?
Has it been discussed on the distro mailing lists?  What versions of distro
and packages are involved?  Did Rick check the CUPS configuration, as was
suggested to him?

Please don't jump to conclusions.  Information gathering is the first step in
problem solving.

Anne