KDE 3.5 Automounting Question

Clint Dilks clintd at scms.waikato.ac.nz
Wed Jun 10 23:25:20 BST 2009

Hello,

I am trying to work out how to do something I thought would be quite
simple, specifically how to modify KDE 3.5 so that it mounts CD's /
DVD's with exec permission.  Some initial research suggests that in
order to do this I actually have to write a custom udev rule.  Is this
correct or am I missing something obvious?

I know there are a number of workarounds I could use like remounting the
device after it had been mounted, but I am supporting users who don't
have root access to their machines so I would prefer to get the device
mounted correctly in the first place.

I would appreciate any suggestions that you have, thank you for your time.