Intel GEM and PAE

James Richard Tyrer tyrerj at acm.org
Wed Jun 10 10:21:55 BST 2009

Nathan England wrote:
> I have been experimenting with different X servers and drivers combinations to
> get an acceptable arrangement while using KDE's desktop effects and I have
> found a good working solution, though when I make changes in systemsettings to
> the desktop effects, hitting "apply" restarts X, and I cannot figure out why.

My best guess is that this is a bug related to DBus.  If a message isn't
answered, KDE doesn't seem to handle that problem in all cases.  I was
having problems with X crashing and I upgraded to dbus-1.2.14 and the
problems seem to have been fixed except possibly configuring Plasma widgets.

It is also possible that it is a KDE bug since I am using the KDE-4.3
SVN branch and I update it often.

--
James Tyrer

Linux (mostly) From Scratch