Where is the Kontact address book in 4.2?

Steven P. Ulrick lists-kde at afolkey2.net
Mon Aug 10 01:20:03 BST 2009

> I am just looking at KDE 4.2, as provided in Mandriva 2009.1
(spring).  In the
> old Konctact that I have used for the past several years the left
panel of
> Kontact included a choice for "contacts" which opened the address
book.  I
> don't see any trace of an address book in the Kontact with 4.2.  The
> documentation talks about KDE 4 integrating Personal Information
Management
> across applications....
>
> How does one access the addressbook, whatever it might be called?

Settings | Configure Kontact | Contacts

After arriving at that location, check the only box that you will find:
"Enable Contacts"

This is on Kontact 1.4.4 and KDE 4.2.4

As an experiment, I unchecked the "Enable Contacts" box and clicked
"OK"  The result was that my "Contacts" icon disappeared from the left
panel.  I checked the box again and clicked "OK" and it came back...

HTH

Steven P. Ulrick