Help!

William Immendorf will.immendorf at gmail.com
Wed Apr 8 12:30:20 BST 2009

KDE,

I am running KDE 3.5.10 on a LFS box, but no matter what I try, I
can't get the menu to work correctly!!!

I did run update-dekstop-database before starting KDE, and both
XDG_DATA_DIRS and XDG_CONFIG_DIRS are correct, they are:

XDG_DATA_DIRS=/opt/kde-3.5.10/share:/usr/local/share:/usr/share
XDG_CONFIG_DIRS=/etc/kde/xdg:/etc/xdg

First, the main part of the menu lists no apps. Trying to open Control
Center is fruitless. The links at the bottom just open a window asking
what to do with them (and it has nothing in the list) instead of
opening Konquer.

I am a experienced Linux user, but a KDE configuring newbe. Please help me!

William