Nepomuk using 90%+ CPU

Daniel Winter dw at danielwinter.de
Fri Sep 26 10:48:35 BST 2008

On Monday 22 September 2008 09:09:02 Anne Wilson wrote:
> I started strigi yesterday afternoon, setting it to index my /home, which
> has 16GB data.  I excluded two directories containing 10.5GB data, leaving
> 5.5GB to be indexed.  Strigi is still using around 90% cpu, after about 8
> hours of indexing.  Is this to be expected?

Is it nepomuk or strigi using the CPU? (In subject it is Nepomuk). If you are
using with Strigi with Nepomuk (default in KDE4 )  make sure, that you are
using the Sesame2 backend with Nepomuk.

The other option Redland is very slow.

You can check that by starting "sopranocmd" from konsole without any
parameters.

It will display the help.  Where it explains the "--backend" switch  it should
say something like "Possible backends are: sesame2  redland"

If sesame2 is there you are using it. If not that is it what causes the slow
indexing and high cpu usage.

DanielW