Viewing video in a browser (KDE 4,1,1)

James Richard Tyrer tyrerj at acm.org
Wed Sep 24 20:54:11 BST 2008

Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Wednesday 24 September 2008 10:21:02 James Richard Tyrer wrote:
<SNIP>
>  > No, this will not work you need to have it listed in the window in the
>
>  > "Embedded" tab.
>
>  >

> I did know that, but the options offered on the embedded tab did not
> include a single multimedia player, as far as I could see.

This isn't correct.  Dragon player comes with KDE-4.1.x so if you
installed the KDEMultimedia section(s), you should at least find it.

There may be some issues with Kaffene.  For it to show up in the list of
available applications, it needs to have a 'desktop' file in:

	$KDEDIR/share/kde4/services/

and in this case, $KDEDIR can be any of the paths in $KDEDIRS.

I suppose that I should try that to see if it works.

--
JRT