Thunderbird stopped opening links in Firefox

Frank Bures lisfrank at chem.toronto.edu
Sat Sep 20 14:14:45 BST 2008

Though it might seem that this message is OT, it is not.

Running KDE 3.5.9 on an i386 RHEL5 system.  Up to yesterday I had no
problem opening links in Thunderbird mails in Firefox.  Suddenly it stopped
working and now I have to C&P links into Firefox to open them.

I have a x86_64 machine with identical system on it and there links open
OK.  I copied relevant prefs.js file from "working" machine to
"malfunctioning" one without any effect.
I also created user_pref("network.protocol-handler.app.http") and
user_pref("network.protocol-handler.app.https") and pointed them to firefox
with no effect.  The "working" machine does not have these entries in
prefs.js and still works OK.

I am at the end of my wits.  Any advice or idea will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Frank

-----

<feeb at chem.utoronto.ca>