Detailed howto for KDE4 desktop?

D. R. Evans doc.evans at gmail.com
Fri Oct 31 15:30:21 GMT 2008

Salvador Alemany Garrido said the following at 10/31/2008 08:13 AM :

> You can search here  http://userbase.kde.org/

I tried that; I'm afraid that it didn't tell me anything I hadn't figured
out :-(

I'm trying to figure out *really* basic stuff. Some examples:

1. How do I change the colour of the panel?

2. How do I move a desktop widget? (Everything I do seems to resize it;
it's infuriatingly non-obvious how to move them.)

3. How do I stop desktop widgets being added under the panel?

(Those are just examples; there are tons more things I've tried to do and
given up on in the past 24 hours.)

That kind of thing. It really is infuriating having to fight with the
desktop just to get basic things right. I'm sure this stuff isn't hard; but
it's not at all obvious.

  Doc

--
Web:  http://www.sff.net/people/N7DR