How to print to pdf?

John Layt johnlayt at googlemail.com
Sun Nov 9 02:58:36 GMT 2008

On Saturday 08 November 2008 19:45:04 Marcelo Magno T. Sales wrote:
> It makes sense, and it is supported, but it's currently not possible due
> to a bug in Qt which, IIRC, is fixed for KDE 4.2. There's a bug in
> KDE's bugzilla about this.

Actually, it was fixed in Qt 4.4.1,if you have that installed a number of
print dialog issues disappear.

> I, for one, receive every month a password protected PDF file, which I
> like to archive without the password protection. So, I used to print
> the protected PDF to another PDF file. The result would be a
> non-protected file.
> However, currently I can get this done only by installing cups-pdf and
> using it as a PDF printer.

Interesting use-case, not one I had thought of.  Wouldn't something like pdftk
be more suited to this?  Anyway, don't expect  support for it anytime soon,
there's a few technical issues we need Qt to address first before Okular can
support high quality file printing.

John.