Copying into clipboard

Frank Bures lisfrank at chem.toronto.edu
Tue May 27 18:28:19 BST 2008

There is certain behaviour of copying process in KDE that makes it irritating.

Older versions and other desktop products for different OS's would require
some action before committing highlighted text to the clipboard.
Not so KDE 3.5.  It is very easy to rewrite desired clipboard content just
by deleting something else or unintentionally moving the mouse when
switching windows.

Example: I highlight the desired text in one window.  The text gets
automatically copied into the clipboard.  When switching to another window
the mouse is positioned over the text there and if I move the mouse ever so
slightly when still holding down the left button, the clipboard gets
overwritten.
I know there is another clipboard activated by combination of keys which
does not suffer from this problem.

Question:
Is there a way how to revert to the old behaviour when one had to click on
the right button while holding the left button to transfer the highlighted
content to clipboard?  Or any other possible way of introducing a
"confirmation" action into the process?

Thanks
Frank

--