Changing K menu

Francisco Borges francisco.borges at gmail.com
Fri May 16 14:32:32 BST 2008

Hello,

On Wed, May 14, 2008 at 5:51 PM, Anne Wilson <cannewilson at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Personally I hate the click forward.  I suppose eventually we'll get to
> remember where to find things, but hovering over a pop-up is much faster when
> you need to browse for something.  You can't use the search, either, if you
> don't know the name of what you seek.  This is very user-unfriendly, IMO.

I could not agree more.

As you mentioned in another email. I also only rely on the k-menu when
I don't know which program would solve my problems.

[...]

Perhaps you should take a look at these links:

Reasoning behind the new menu (see the slides on the first link)
http://en.opensuse.org/Kickoff
http://liquidat.wordpress.com/2007/11/30/kde-4-some-reasons-for-design-decisions/

An alternative to kicker:
http://www.raptor-menu.org