KDE 4 review

Thierry de Coulon tcoulon at decoulon.ch
Mon Jun 16 08:18:02 BST 2008

On Monday 16 June 2008, ziklag wrote:
> My computer is an AMD-64.   I don't think that it's expecting too much to
> have support for very common CPUs (AMD-64 has been out for some time
> now.  Intel64 has been out for some time too.)  As far as I can tell, only
> Fedora supports 64 bit operation on the AMD CPUs.   Again, what's it going
> to be: "Linux rocks Microsoft" or "Err, well, Linux just can't do that
> yet."?

I thinj you should seriously think about stopping talking about thinkĝs you

I've been running 64 bit versions of Linux from Gentoo, Ubuntu (wich,
admittedly, in the end is Debian), SuSE (yes, I know, the dark side...).
Actually, as far as I know, Linux has run 64 bit before most others.

Now, I think it would be time to close this thread with one answer that was
allready given before: if you don't like Linux, you don't have to use it. If
Linux(es) does not work the way you do, create your own distribution.

Thierry