Any KDE GUI-based equivalent of the Unix "write" command?

Alessandro Bottoni alexbottoni at yahoo.it
Wed Jul 23 09:32:37 BST 2008

Kevin Krammer ha scritto:
> If I understand you correctly you mainly need the receiver part of this,
> right?

Right!

> I think there is a KDE service somewhere under KDE Components in KDE's control
> center, which can listen for write messages and display them.

I just searched my KDE 3.5.8 on Mint 4.0 and I did not find anything
like that. I just found the settings page for the system events warnings
(sound/message boxes).

Is it a KDE 4.X feature?

Thanks

--

Alessandro Bottoni
Website: http://www.alessandrobottoni.it/

"When men are pure, laws are useless; when men are corrupt, laws are
broken."
      -- Benjamin Disraeli