Changing encoding in Dolphin

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 05:21:22 GMT 2008

On 24/01/2008, Michael Mauch <michael.mauch at gmx.de> wrote:
> Dotan Cohen wrote:
>
> > How does one change the encoding in Dolphin? I do not see that option
> > in any of the menus. Dolphin is displaying the filenames of my SD card
> > in the wrong encoding and I need to change that.
>
> I don't have KDE4, but: does it work in konqueror and/or in the shell?
> If not, you probably want to change the mount options (but I don't know
> how to do that, because probably the card is automounted somehow).

I'm sorry, I should have been clearer. This is KDE 3.5.8. I actually
prefer Konqueror, so knowing how to change the encoding on either one
will suffice. Konqueror does have a menu item Tools -> Remote Encoding
but it is not available for local directories.

Thanks.

Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il