How to start a solitary KDE4 session?

Anonymous junk_and_mail at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 2 00:18:37 BST 2008

I followed the instructions found at http://techbase.kde.org/Getting_Started/Build/KDE4#Building_KDE_for_development_or_stable_use and at http://techbase.kde.org/Getting_Started/Set_up_KDE_4_for_development#Solitary_KDE_4_session but decided to use the same user account and went with branch/KDE/4.1 for SVN instead of trunk. Everything went well, but when i try to switch to KDE4, KDE3 loads up along with it. When when i switch sessions in KDM back to KDE3, KDE4 loads up along with it. >_< I don't understand how both KDEs are being called at the same time. I've been trying to fix this for a while now, but everything i have tried so far has failed me. Anyone know how to fix this? Help very much appreciated!

If it helps, i'm running Gentoo.