need to change something in configuration?

David J Brooks daeg at houston.rr.com
Sat Mar 31 04:15:58 BST 2007

On Friday 30 March 2007 10:02:50 pm Rick Miles wrote:
> Whenever I select a file with the mouse > right click > select "Open
> With..." I get a little popup that allows me to go through my KDE desktop
> menu and navigate to the required application.
>
> The problem with this popup window is that it extends off  my desktop
> screen and cannot be resized with the mouse. This means that I have to drag
> the window left to access the up/down scrollbar then drag it to the right
> to navigate down throught the menus, and so on.
>
> Is there an rc file for this popup so it can be resized manually? I have no
> idea what the popup is called.
>
> TIA

Depending on how you have your window behavior configured, you may be able to
bring the dialog back to a reasonable by size by double clicking on the title
bar. You might also want to right click there and choose Special Application
Settings from the Advanced menu.. if you've reset the geometry there, make
sure you have applied it to the main app window only and not to the dialogs
as well.

David
--
Man who sleep in beer keg wake up sticky.