kdesu: store password for ALL applications?

David david.maillists at gmail.com
Mon Jul 2 16:45:27 BST 2007

> Synaptic is not something you start 5 times in 5 minutes so I don't see
> how it
> can greatly benefit from the root password being cached. The same would
> apply
> for the firewall interface. Do you reconfigure the firewall so often?

I mean exactly the other way round.

If I started synaptic 5 times in a session, kdesu would not ask me for the
password (if I had checked "keep password").

But, regarding the frequent situation: first launch the firewall, then
synaptic, and then a Konsole as root, I have to enter the password three
times in a minute :-)

That is why I find this behaviour illogical: within the same application,
the password is chached, but if you run another application, you have to
reintroduce the password.