How to make kopete play a sound when it pops up a bubble?

Alec Kloss alec-keyword-kde.84997e at SetFilePointer.com
Wed Jan 24 15:58:43 GMT 2007

On 2007-01-24 09:46, Nick LeRoy wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to configure kopete to play a sound when it pops up the "new
> message alert" bubble, but I can't seem to find a way to configure this.  In
> playing with the notifications, I can get it to play a sound every time I get
> a message, but that's really annoying during a chat.  I've also tried the
> various system notification events, but, again, I don't see a way to
> configure this behavior.  It seems to me that this should be a relatively
> common request, and I'm sure that I must be missing something obvious.

It's not obvious.  Try enabling the notification for every message,
and then go to the general kopete configuration, select Behavior,
then Events, and then unselect "Enable events for active chat
windows" in the Miscellaneous section.  I think that will get you
what you want.  (Took me hours...)

Alec Kloss  alec at SetFilePointer.com   IM: angryspamhater at yahoo.com
PGP key at http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xA241980E
The mountain called Monkey had spoken.  There was only fire.  -Gorillaz