Konqueror profiles

Philip Rodrigues philip.rodrigues at chch.ox.ac.uk
Fri Nov 24 19:36:05 GMT 2006

Marcelo Magno T. Sales wrote:

> Hi, people
>
> How do I create a new view profile in Konqueror? I can modify existing
> profiles, but how do I create a new one from scratch?

Set up Konqueror as you like it, then Settings->Configure View Profiles.
Enter a name for the new profile, then hit save. I guess it's not too
intuitive. If there's anyone reading who'd like to help improve the
Konqueror documentation in this regard, drop me or kde-doc-english at kde.org
a line.

> Also, there are configurations I have no idea how to do in Konqueror. For
> example, how do I add to Konqueror an embedded Konsole window, like the
> one in the Midnight Commander profile?

Window->Show Terminal Emulator.

> How would I embed any KDE
> application in a Konqueror Window?

You can only embed applications that provide an appropriate KPart, although
many do (eg, the KOffice applications). Was there a particular thing you
wanted to do?

Regards,
Philip