Default values for ~/.kde/share/config/kdeglobals?

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Fri Mar 31 19:02:39 BST 2006

On Friday 31 March 2006 15:11, Niki Kovacs wrote:

> So things are as they should *normally* be, e. g. first search the user's
> home directory for a config file, and if it's not there, take what you find
> in /opt/kde/share/config.
>
> Now what I want to do is invert this, e. g. put /opt/kde/share/config ahead
> of the search path, *before* ~/.kde/share/config... any idea how I could
> achieve this? Because that's what my problem amounts to.

No, you definitely don't want to do that.
If you want to make local overrides ineffective, just mark the setting in
question, the group it belongs to or the file it is in as immutable bei
either adding [$i] after the key (before the = sign), after the group
brackets or at the file's first line.

However I do not understand why you want to restrict the settings from
kdeglobal.
My initial understanding was that you just want to have better defaults, so if
you have a suitable kdeglobals in the installation config directory and no
overrides in the user directories, you should have the new defaults.

Cheers,
Kevin

--
Kevin Krammer <kevin.krammer at gmx.at>