Konqueror: separate instances, some that load graphics, some that don't?

Walter Weber-Groß kde at arco.in-berlin.de
Tue Mar 21 18:20:58 GMT 2006

Hallo Randy Kramer,

afaik, there are no preferences for that. All i can deliver is a script file
workaround:

[script beginn]
#!/bin/bash
autoload="false"
if test "$1" = "--autoloadimages"; then
	autoload="true"
fi

sed "s/AutoLoadImages=.*/AutoLoadImages=$autoload/g" \
~/.kde/share/config/konquerorrc -i~

konqueror &
[script end]

If you name this script runkonq and make it executable with chmod u+x runconq
you can start an image auto loading instance with

runkonq --autoloadimage

As this call changes the file konquerorrc (with backuping the previous version
in konquerorrc~), any succeeding call to konqueror will automatically load
images.

You can switch off this behavior by calling

runkonq

Please take this as a workaround until you get a more useful answer or until
your bug report results in a change of konqueror itself ;)

Kind regards