how do I change the kde menu items sorting mode (to not sorted)?

James Richard Tyrer tyrerj at acm.org
Tue Jul 18 05:41:49 BST 2006

Nicolas Carranza wrote:
> Hello! The kde menu (start menu) shows the menu items in alphabetical
> order and I don't want it sorted... how can I change this behavior (to
> a non sorted menu items list) so that it reflects the order shown by
> kmenuedit? (opensuse 10.1- KDE 3.5.3). I looked everywhere and I didn't
> see any
> way to change it :(

If you want to just change it for one user account, just use the Menu
Editor.  You can drag the menu items around in the tree view in the left
panel and they will be changed to that order for that user only.

If you have multiple users and want them the same, the changes for the
user account will be in:

	$HOME/.config/menus/applications-kmenuedit.menu

and you can copy this to other users or put it in your:

	/etc/skel/

folder.

--
JRT