konsole colour scheme usability

Bram Kuijper a.l.w.kuijper at rug.nl
Sun Jul 16 11:10:31 BST 2006

Hi,

anybody any idea how to edit an existing colour schema for Konsole? Some
usability problem it seems from the Konsole GUI. Apparently I still have
to go to the underlying config files. I work on KDE 3.5.3 on FreeBSD
6.1-Stable

I try to change the font color of the schema "White on Black".
I go in Konsole to Settings > configure Konsole > Schema.
I select "White on Black" from the selection element on the left. I try
to change the font colour by selecting one of the "shell colours"  (it
is not directly obvious what the difference is between "konsole colour"
and "shell colour", but there must be some xterm 1980s philosophy behind
it which is obviously more important than the GUI).

Then I select 6 - color 4 (blue) as the new *shell* colour. Suddenly,
the colour indication button on the right to *konsole* colour also
changes to blue. What is then the difference between konsole and shell
colour?

Then, the nice part is the Save part. So now I press "Save", while all
the time 'White on Black' was the selected profile. But at that moment,
the colours flip back to the defaults of that colour scheme, instead of
saving blue as a new colour. That's not exactly saving... if colours
schemes shouldn't be edited, why aren't they 'grayed out'?

I try to find the config files anyway, but If anybody has suggestions
how to do this by the konsole gui that would be great.

Bram